Installing A Yankee Hill Diamond Free Float Forearm

Here is a video I made recently demonstrating how to install a Yankee Hill Machine diamond free float handguard.  I've posted pictures and a review for the lightweight Yankee Hill forearm that I use on my 6.8 SPC rifle.  You can view that post here.


The diamond handguard is the third Yankee Hill forearm that I have used.  In addition to the lightweight mentioned above, I also have a carbine length customizeable tube.  I enjoy the Yankee Hill forearms for their easy of installation, simple design and low cost.  While there are a lot of other great handguards on the market, it is hard to beat the Yankee Hill forearms for the price.

My only real complaint about the Yankee Hill design is the size.  Because their forearms use a round tube design, it means that a quad rail handguard with rail protectors is quite large around.  I don't find it too large to use comfortably, but users with smaller hands may find it a little too large.
I've bought my Yankee Hill handguards from Brownells


Here are some of my other guides?
How to install an AR-15 front take down pin
How to disassemble and AR-15 bolt and carrier
How to clean brass tumbling media

What are your thoughts on the Yankee Hill diamond handguard?  Let me know in the comment section below:

Comments

Popular Posts