Shooting The Ruger Precision Rifle Gen 2

A couple months ago I picked up a Gen 2 Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor as a gun to get my wife and kids shooting long range.  They have joined me several times for shooting long range matches and have taken shots at steel targets.  So far, due to having only one rifle set up for long range competition, they haven't been able to participate in a match.

Enter the Ruger Precision Rifle.  While it isn't the only decent factory offering these days, my wife really liked the fit and I liked the ease of working on and modifying the rifle by using AR-15 tools and techniques.  Check out my initial unboxing and info post here: Ruger Precision Rifle Gen 2 Unboxing

After several months I am still trying to decide on a scope, but I added a basic Leupold scope to it to at least shoot a few rounds from it.  I still need to spend some more time with the rifle and add a proper scope to stretch it out.  In the mean time, check out the unboxing of the RPR Gen 2 and the first range session below:



 Let me know what you think about the Ruger Precision Rifle in the comment section below.  How is yours shooting?  What modifications have you made or plan to make?





Comments

Popular Posts