Ruger Precision Rifle Bolt Shroud Recall

If you own a Ruger Precision Rifle, you have probably already heard of the bolt shroud recall.  The recall addresses a potential issue with the the rifle not firing correctly, or firing upon manipulation of the bolt.  It is simple to go to the website, Ruger.com/RPRSafety, enter your serial number and check to see if your rifle is affected by the recall.  If it is, you can fill out the form online and request a replacement.  There is no need to send your original shroud back, Ruger will just mail out the replacement.

In the video below I talk about the recall and identify that my rifle has an affected serial number:



I don't have a lot of rounds through my rifle at this point, but so far I have not had any issues with it firing properly.  I decided to request the new bold shroud just for peace of mind.  I have had people respond either in the comments or directly to the video I posted about their rifles.  So far, no one that I have talked to is actually having any issues.  They have all requested the bolt shroud though, just in case.

In the video below I get the replacement in the mail and show the differences between the old and new shrouds and install it on the bolt:




I was disappointed that the replacement shroud fits looser than the original.  Manipulating the bolt doesn't seem to feel any different, so I doubt it will affect the function or aesthetics of the rifle.  

Have you had any issues with the original bolt shroud?  Did you request the replacement?  Let me know in the comments below.


Comments

Popular Posts