Christensen Arms MPR Initial Impressions

Which rifle should I take hunting?  Over the years I have often asked myself the question of which rifle is the best fit for each hunting trip.  While I have always hunted in Colorado, I have gone between base camp style elk hunting to backpack elk hunting, late season deer or searching antelope from a truck.  I have tried to balance gun weight, cartridge and accuracy at distance.  

Over the last couple years I have been thinking of the old saying "beware of the man with one rifle, because he probably knows how to use it."  In that vein I have been looking for a rifle that would be lightweight, accurate and have a stiff enough barrel to support a suppressor.  I will write more down the road about what considerations went through my mind and how I came to the conclusion that I did.  

For now, I will share the initial impressions of my decision, the Christensen Arms MPR:


I have a little over 200 rounds through it and competed in the Vortex Extreme Challenge this month.  I have another match scheduled in a couple weeks and plan on taking this rifle hunting for elk, deer and

antelope this coming fall.

Christensen Arms MPR at Cabelas: http://bit.ly/34wSORf
Vortex PST II 3-15x at Brownells:  http://bit.ly/2EWXKoj


So far I am really enjoying this rifle and I'm looking forward to putting more rounds through it and really getting to know the rifle.  Will it fulfill the roles of hunting, long range shooting and competition that I am hoping it will?  Only time will tell.

Take a look at the video and let me know what questions you have that I can answer about this interesting carbon fiber rifle.


Comments

Popular Posts