Installing a Silencerco Specwar Muzzle Brake on a 6.8 SPC AR-15

I have had my eye on the Silencerco Specwar series of suppressors for some time now.  They seem like a great fit for my AR-15s and bolt action rifles.  The introduction of the Omega has made me want to get a 30 caliber suppressor even more.  It uses the same mounting system, comes with a direct thread option and is shorter and lighter than the 7.62 Specwar.  Although I haven't pulled the trigger on the Specwar quite yet, I have started collecting some of the muzzle brakes used to mount the suppressor.

I have already attached a Specwar muzzle brake to my .223 AR-15.  A couple months ago on Black Friday, Silencerco offered a buy one get one free sale on muzzle devices from their website.  I decided to go ahead and order two of the 5/8x24 thread pattern brakes, which have a 30 caliber bore diameter.

While it took me awhile to finally get the brake mounted, I decided to mount one of them to a 6.8 SPC II upper that I built and coated with Brownell's Alumahyde.  The 6.8 SPC round doesn't have a lot of recoil to begin with, but like with the .223, the muzzle brake should make it even easier to keep the sights on target as I'm shooting.  Another added benefit is of course the ability to mount a suppressor down the road.

Check out this quick video on the mounting:


I can't wait for some snow to melt so that I can get out and see what a difference the brake makes on recoil.

Let me know in the comments below what your preferred muzzle brake is, or your thoughts on the different 30 caliber Silencerco suppressors:


             
                                                                 
                                                       



            

  

           

Comments

Popular Posts